Espresso Walnut Squares
Love the chewy texture of brownies and taste of aromatic coffee! These bite size squares will have you asking for more!
1. Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl. Add cold chunks of butter and rub with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Set aside 4 tablespoons of mixture. Add baking powder and mix well. Combine egg, coffee and milk then stir in mixing bowl.
3. When thoroughly mixed, add 45g of nuts. Spoon mixture into square cake tin, greased and based line. Level it.
4. Bake in oven at 180ºC(350ºF) for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
5. Let cool for about 1-2 minutes. Cut and serve.