Beef Katsu SoftMeal® Sandwich
Step 1: Prepare the beef
● Season the beef with salt and pepper on both sides. Transfer to the chiller and marinate for 15 mins.
● Coat the beef with flour, egg and panko.
● Transfer to the chiller and let it chill for 30 mins.
● In the last 5 mins of the chilling process, pour oil into a pot and insert an oil thermometer.
● Once the oil has reached 190°C, place the beef into it and deep fry 45 sec. Remove the pot, and place it on a plate, let it rest for 5 mins.
● Adjust the heat, once the oil reaches 190°C, deep fry the french fries as per the instructions on the packaging.
Step 2: Toast the bread, assemble, and serve.
● Toast the Sunshine Enriched Softmeal® Whole Grain bread. Trim off the crust.
● Apply tonkatsu sauce generously on the bread.
● Sandwich the fried beef steak.
● Cut into 4 squares and serve with the sides.