Spiral Shibuya Toast
Prepare the oven
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
2. Line a large baking tray with some aluminium foil. Spray it lightly with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Prepare the bread ‘toast box’
1. Take a half loaf of bread and hollow out the loaf by cutting away a cube from the center using a sharp knife.
2. In a small bowl, combine butter and honey, and microwave for 10 to 20 seconds, or until just softened. Stir.
3. Using a pastry brush, brush all sides of the toast box with the honey mixture. Sprinkle sugar and bake for 10 minutes.
4. For a more golden colour, re-glaze with the honey mixture at 3-minute intervals.
Make bread pudding
1. Combine eggs, milk and sugar in a large bowl and whisk.
2. Lay half of the bread slices in the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour half of the egg mixture over the bread and allow it to absorb the liquid, for about 5 minutes. Layer the remaining bread on top and pour the rest of the cream mixture over it. Press down on the bread, making certain it completely absorbs the liquid. Cover the pan with aluminium foil and let sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
3. Bake the pudding at 150 0C for 30 minutes.
1. Cut bread pudding into triangles and fill it into the toast box
2. Top with your favourite fruit, whipped cream and drizzle some honey.
Watch the video, to see how Shibuya Spiral Toast is made!